As part of the provincial cabinet’s deliberations on the Site C hydroelectric project, Don Wright, deputy minister to Premier John Horgan, has invited an expert advisory panel to provide its views on Site C and the BC Utilities Commission’s final report.
Expert views are sought from various perspectives – BC Hydro ratepayers, environmental advocates, the power industry and landowners – and will be provided by the following invited panellists:
- David Austin, Clean Energy Association of BC
- David Craig, Consolidated Management Consultants
- Colleen Giroux-Schmidt, Innergex Renewable Energy
- Mark Jaccard, school of resource and environmental management, Simon Fraser University
- Robert McCullough, McCullough Research
- Karen Tam Wu, Pembina Institute
The meeting with cabinet will be in Victoria on Nov. 30, 2017.
Along with the information and perspectives presented by the invited panellists, the government is reviewing advice from the BCUC and other environmental and First Nations considerations, and will make a final decision on the future of Site C by the end of the year.