Infrastructure Ontario has announced that three teams are prequalified to design, build, and finance the Highway 401 Expansion project.
The Highway 401 expansion project involves an almost 18-kilometre stretch, from Highway 25 in Milton east to the Credit River in Mississauga. According to Infrastructure Ontario, the project features an expansion of the primarily six-lane highway to:
- 12 lane core-collector system from the Credit River to Winston Churchill Boulevard;
- 10 lanes from Winston Churchill Boulevard to Highway 407 ETR/ Highway 401 interchange;
- 12 lane core-collector system from Highway 407 ETR/ Highway 401 interchange to east of the James Snow Parkway;
- 10 lanes from the James Snow Parkway to west of Regional Road 25;
- Median HOV lanes; and
- Support facilities and features – drainage, lighting, signage, ATMS, carpool lots etc.
Teams were selected based on their construction capability, experience, qualified personnel, and financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and scope. They include:
Blackbird Infrastructure Group
- Dufferin Construction Company
- Ferrovial Agroman Canada Inc.
- Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd.
- TD Securities
- Dragados Canada Inc.
- Brennan Infrastructures Inc.
- Bot Infrastructure Ltd.
- WSP Canada Group Limited
- ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc.
- Stonebridge Financial Corporation
West Corridor Constructors
- Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
- Amico Design Build Inc.
- Parsons Inc.
- National Bank Financial Inc.
A request for proposals is expected to be released later this fall.