The Government of Québec will invest more than $ 4.6 billion in the Québec highway system during the period 2017-2019 to undertake, continue, or complete 2,062 road works throughout Quebec, and to create and maintain more than 31,000 jobs.
The $ 4.6 billion that will be invested over the next two years is broken down as follows:
- $2.1 billion will be devoted to the MTMDET structures;
- $252.6 million will go to the municipal network structures;
- more than $ 1.2 billion for pavements;
- $626.9 million will go towards improving the network; and
- $463.7 million will go towards network development.
Of these investments, $ 1.3 billion will be used for projects related in whole or in part to improving road safety. In total, 90 per cent of the money invested will be used to maintain the assets.
Details of major projects for the 2017-2019 period on the Department of Transportation’s website at www.transports.gouv.qc.ca.