Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) to three shortlisted teams to design, build, and finance the Rutherford GO Station project.
Three teams were selected to submit proposals: EllisDon Infrastructure Transit, Link Rutherford Station, and Steelhead.
The project includes:
- A new multi-level parking structure with 1,200 new spaces;
- An integrated station building and pedestrian bridge to the new rail platform;
- Re-design of the surface parking, kiss and ride, bus loop and pedestrian access;
- Rail/road grade separation on Rutherford Road;
- New rail platforms; and
- A second heavy rail track and provision for future third express centre track.
“As part of our plans to improve the customer experience at Rutherford GO Station, the station will have more parking, better access for walking and cycling, more integration with local transit, and more frequent GO service,” said Phil Verster, president and CEO of Metrolinx.
Major infrastructure updates are required across the GO rail network to deliver GO RER, including additional track, GO station modifications, improved rail crossings, required systems for electrification, and new locomotives and train control systems to enable more frequent service.