Bird Construction Inc. has announced that it has executed a contract with Ontario Infrastructure and Lands Corporation to design, build, and finance nine Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) detachments in nine Ontario communities on behalf of the Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services and the OPP. Bird will undertake the design and build for the project and will also own the concession responsible for the financing of the project through Bird Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary. This announcement follows successful negotiations with the respective parties after Bird Capital Limited Partnership was named as the preferred proponent. The team consists of:
- Developer: Bird Capital Limited Partnership
- Architect: NORR Architects
- Engineering Teams: MCW Consultants Ltd.
- Design-Builder: Bird Design-Build Construction Inc.
- Financial advisor: Bird Capital Limited Partnership
The following detachments are contained within the terms of the agreement:
- Huron County Detachment, 325 Albert Street, Clinton
- Port Credit Detachment, 2735 Argentia Road, Mississauga
- Hawkesbury Detachment, 1425 Cameron Street, Hawkesbury
- Manitoulin Island Detachment, 488 Boozeneck Road, Little Current
- Marathon Detachment, 101 Peninsula Road, Marathon
- Parry Sound Detachment, 1 North Road, Parry Sound
- Fort Frances Detachment, 200 McIrvine Road, Fort Frances
- Moosonee Detachment, 16 Butcher Road, Moosonee
- Orillia Detachment, 1 University Avenue
The detachments will feature a secure functions area with holding cells and interview rooms, a public admittance area, an administration area for support staff and management, an operational area with offices and evidence storage vaults.
Construction is expected to commence shortly with expected substantial completion in late 2020.