Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and CHEO have awarded a fixed-price contract of $371.37 million to EllisDon Infrastructure OCH Inc. to design, build and finance the CHEO Integrated Treatment Centre Redevelopment (also known as 1Door4Care) project.
The EllisDon Infrastructure OCH Inc. team includes:
- Applicant Lead: EllisDon Corporation
- Design Team: Montgomery Sisam Architects Inc., Vertechs Design Inc., WalterFedy, Mulvey & Banani International Inc., H. H. Angus and Associates Limited, Entuitive Corporation
- Construction Team: EllisDon Corporation
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
The CHEO Integrated Treatment Centre Redevelopment project underwent an open and competitive process overseen by a third-party fairness advisor. EllisDon submitted the proposal which delivers the best value for Ontario taxpayers.
The new integrated treatment centre will offer services for kids and youth living with complex medical, developmental, behavioural or mental health needs, and will include:
- A multi-use clinic space
- A physiotherapy rehab gym
- Expanded mental health clinics
- An indoor and outdoor multi-use space
- A space for children and youth with complex emotional needs
- State-of-the art treatment rooms
- Advanced technology to enable virtual care
- A physical link to the hospital
- Family support and community spaces
- A new parking structure
Design development of the proposal will continue in October 2023 and construction will begin in November 2023. Substantial completion is expected in fall 2027. The anticipated completion date for the project is fall 2027.