The request for proposals stage has closed for teams to submit their bids to design, build, and finance (DBF) the QEW/ Credit River Improvement project.
Following a fair, open, and transparent request for qualifications process, three teams – Keystone Transportation Partners, Credit River Developers and EDCO – were prequalified and invited to respond to a request for proposals in August 2019. All three teams have submitted their proposals by the August 25th deadline.
Over the next several months, submissions will be evaluated and the outcome is expected to be announced in Fall 2020. A fairness monitor is overseeing the entire procurement process.
The project involved an approximately 2.6-kilometre long stretch of highway, located along the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) in Mississauga.
The scope of the DBF project includes:
- Construction a new twin bridge north of the existing Credit River Bridge;
- Rehabilitation of the existing Credit River Bridge;
- Widening and improving the QEW;
- Replacing the Mississauga Road overpass;
- Improving/reconfiguring the Mississauga Road interchange; and
- Constructing Active Transportation crossings (and associated trail infrastructure) at the QEW and over the Credit River, for the City of Mississauga.
The three teams invited to submit proposals involve the following key players:
Keystone Transportation Partners
- Applicant Lead – Peter Kiewit Sons ULC & Dufferin Construction Company
- Construction Team – Peter Kiewit Sons ULC & Dufferin Construction Company
- Financial Advisor – Peter Kiewit Sons ULC
Credit River Developers
- Applicant Lead – Ferrovial Agromán S.A
- Construction Team – Ferrovial Agromán S.A.
- Financial Advisor – Scotia Capital Inc.
- Applicant Lead – EllisDon Capital Inc. and Coco Paving Inc.
- Construction Team – EllisDon Capital Inc. and Coco Paving Inc.
- Financial Advisor – EllisDon Capital Inc.
The value of the contract will be announced at financial close.