Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and the Ministry of Transportation (MTO) have announced the three shortlisted teams to submit proposals to design, build and finance the Highway 3 Expansion project in the County of Essex.
The teams were selected based on criteria identified in a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process that began in June 2021. Selection criteria included the relevant design, construction and financing experience to deliver the project. Shortlisted teams include:
ERIE SHORES INFRASTRUCTURE PARTNERS (ESIP)
- Applicant Lead – Brennan Infrastructures Inc. & Amico Infrastructures Inc.
- Design Prime Team Member(s) – Parsons Inc. & EXP Services Inc.
- Construction Team – Brennan Infrastructures Inc., Amico Infrastructures Inc., Colas Projects Canada Inc.
- Financial Advisor – Operis Business Engineering Limited
COCO PAVING INC. (CPI)
- Applicant Lead – Coco Paving Inc.
- Design Prime Team Member(s) – Dillon Consulting Ltd. & Golder Associates Ltd.
- Construction Team – Coco Paving Inc.
- Financial Advisor – National Bank Finance
HIGHWAY 3 CORRIDOR DEVELOPERS (H3CD)
- Applicant Lead – Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc. & Plenary Americas L.P.
- Design Prime Team Member(s) – Consor Engineers LLC
- Construction Team – Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
- Financial Advisor – Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
These teams will be invited to respond to a Request for Proposal (RFP) expected to be issued in late fall 2021.
The Highway 3 Expansion project extends 15.6 kilometers, widening the highway from two to four lanes from the Town of Essex to the Town of Leamington (1.2 km east of Essex Road 23 to 1.1 km east of Essex Road 34).
The project is being delivered through IO’s design, build and finance (DBF) Public-Private Partnership (P3) model, which transfers appropriate risks associated with design, construction, and financing of the project to the private sector.
Featured image: (Infrastructure Ontario)