Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx announced the preferred proponent teams to deliver the Ontario Line South Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South) and Ontario Line Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and Maintenance (RSSOM) contracts.
Ontario Transit Group (for the South contract) and Connect 6ix (for the RSSOM contract) each ranked first after the evaluation of their respective requests for proposals received in June 2022. Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx will continue negotiations to finalize contract details with these teams and expect to award both contracts later this year.
“Selecting preferred proponents for these contracts is a major milestone because it brings us another step closer to starting major construction and giving Toronto better, faster, more integrated transit,” said Malcolm MacKay, Metrolinx sponsor for the project.
Ontario Line South contract – Preferred Proponent team: Ontario Transit Group
- Applicant Lead: Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., VINCI Construction Grands Projets
- Design Team: AECOM Canada Ltd., COWI North America Ltd., GHD Limited, SENER Group
- Construction Team: Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., Janin Atlas Inc.
- Financial Advisor: Agentis Capital
Ontario Line RSSOM contract – Preferred Proponent team: Connect 6ix
- Applicant Lead: Plenary Americas, Hitachi Rail, Webuild Group (Salini Impreglio Canada Holding Inc.), Transdev Canada Inc.
- Design Team: Hitachi Rail, IBI Group Professional Services (Canada) Inc.
- Construction Team: Hitachi Rail, Webuild Group (Astaldi Canada Design & Construction Inc. and Salini Impreglio Civil Works Inc.), NGE Contracting Inc
- Operations, Maintenance and Rehabilitation Team: Hitachi Rail, Transdev Canada Inc.
- Financial Advisors: National Bank Financial Inc., Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
“We’re proud to be extending our working relationship with members of the Connect 6ix consortium, Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx in delivering transportation solutions for the citizens of Toronto,” said IBI Group CEO, Scott Stewart.
Ontario Transit Group and Connect 6ix each ranked first after the evaluation of the respective requests for proposals received in June 2022.
The Ontario Line is being delivered via various contracts, procured through P3 and traditional procurement models. Procurements for RSSOM and South Civil, Stations and Tunnel packages are nearing contract award as noted above. Procurements for North civil major works as well as enabling works for bridge, track and other preparatory activities will follow.
Featured image: Rendering of Exhibition Station on Metrolinx’s Ontario Line. (Metrolinx)