Infrastructure Ontario and Quinte Health Care have issued a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for teams to deliver the Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Site Redevelopment Project.
The RFQ is the first step in the process to select a team to deliver the project. Submissions will be reviewed to shortlist teams with the required construction experience applicable to this project, as well as the financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and complexity. Shortlisted teams will then be invited to respond to a Request for Proposals, which is expected to be released in the fall of 2023.
The Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital Site Redevelopment project is being delivered using a Design-Bid-Build model. The architect and engineers of record, under contract to Quinte Health Care, are completing the design documents. This RFQ is to select a contractor to deliver the project based on these designs.
The new Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital (PECMH) will be a leading-edge health care facility designed to meet the current and future capacity needs of the local community. The project includes the construction of a new hospital with improved equipment and facilities including a 24-hour emergency department, helipad, surgical suite, dialysis unit and other specializations.
Key features will include:
- 20 inpatient beds with design potential for up to 23
- 24/7 emergency department
- Acute inpatient unit supported by physicians within the Prince Edward Family Health Team
- Inpatient pharmacy
- Satellite hemodialysis unit
- Ambulatory care including clinics, medical day care, endoscopy and medical device reprocessing
- Diagnostic imaging including x-ray, ultrasound, mammography and cardio-diagnostics
- Central laboratory
- Efficient access to other Quinte Health hospitals, secondary care in Belleville and tertiary care in Kingston
- New helipad
Featured image: (Infrastructure Ontario)