Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Grandview Kids have shortlisted three teams to design, build, and finance the Grandview Children’s Treatment Centre Redevelopment project in Ajax, Ontario.
Teams were shortlisted based on criteria identified in a request for qualifications (RFQ) process that began in September 2020. Selection criteria included design and construction capability, experience, qualified personnel, and financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and scope.
The shortlisted teams and their prime team members are:
Children’s First Consortium:
- Applicant Lead: Amico Design Build Inc. (50%), Sacyr Construction S.A (50%)
- Design Team: H.H. Angus and Associated Limited, Parkin Architects
- Construction Team: Amico Design Build Inc. (50%), Sacyr Construction S.A (50%)
- Financial Advisor: Stonebridge Financial Corporation
EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare:
- Applicant Leads: EllisDon Corporation
- Design Team: Montgomery Sisam Architects Inc.
- Construction Team: EllisDon Corporation
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
Grandview Connection Group:
- Applicant Lead: Pomerleau Inc.
- Design Team: Stantec Consulting Ltd., Stephenson Engineering Limited, Quasar Consulting Group Inc.
- Construction Team: Pomerleau Inc.
- Financial Advisor: Pomerleau Inc.
A request for proposals (RFP) is expected to be issued to these shortlisted teams in spring 2021. Once submissions are received, IO and Grandview Kids will evaluate the proposals, select a preferred team and then negotiate a final contract. A fairness monitor will oversee the entire procurement process.
The vision for the new Grandview Children’s Centre is to support the seamless and coordinated provision of family-centred care for children and youth with physical, communication, and developmental needs and their families in the Durham Region.
The new Grandview will be an open, welcoming, and inclusive community based paediatric facility supporting an integrated mix of rehabilitation, medical, and clinical services, education and research activities.
Once complete, Grandview will consolidate its existing main site in Oshawa and multiple satellite locations into the new purpose-built facility located on five acres of land donated by the Town of Ajax. Grandview will maintain three satellite locations to reduce extensive travel times for some clients and their families.