Infrastructure Ontario and Metrolinx have awarded a fixed-price contract of $443 million to EllisDon Infrastructure Transit (EDIT) to design, build and finance the GO Expansion – Lakeshore West Infrastructure Improvements project.
Onsite mobilization and pre-construction work will begin in spring 2022 with construction to begin in the fall. EDIT estimates up to 200 jobs will be created during construction.
The EllisDon Infrastructure Transit team includes:
- Proponent Lead: EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Design Team:
- Civil: Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, a Division of Wood Canada Limited and Stantec Consulting Ltd.
- Architectural: Stantec, Strasman Architects
- Electrical: Mulvey + Banani International Inc.
- Mechanical: The Aquila Group
- Structural: Stephenson Engineering Ltd.
- Signals: Stantec
- Geotechnical: Thurber Engineering Ltd.
- Track: Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Stantec
- Environmental: Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions
- Construction Team: EllisDon Civil Ltd.
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
According to IO and Metrolinx, the Lakeshore West Infrastructure Improvements project underwent an open, fair and competitive process overseen by a third-party fairness advisor. EDIT submitted the proposal which delivers the best value for Ontario taxpayers.
The project is being delivered through IO’s Public-Private Partnership (P3) model, which transfers appropriate risks associated with design, construction and financing of the project to the private sector.
The GO Expansion – Lakeshore West Infrastructure Improvements scope of work includes:
- Long Branch GO Station improvements and accessibility
- Burloak Drive Grade Separation
- Drury Lane pedestrian bridge replacement
Featured image: (Metrolinx/Phillip Hall photo)