The Ontario government continues to advance 40 major infrastructure projects across the province using the public-private partnership (P3) model, as is indicated in its latest P3 Market Update.
“Our infrastructure investments, especially those included in the pipeline, support local jobs and community improvement by contributing to the growth, renewal and long-term economic recovery of the province,” said Minister of Infrastructure Laurie Scott.
The P3 Market Update provides an update on the provincial government’s commitment to key infrastructure projects including subways, health care, highways and community safety projects.
Highlights of the P3 Market Update:
- The Request for Qualifications for the Hamilton Health Sciences – West Lincoln Memorial Hospital project was issued in November 2020.
- The QEW Credit River Bridge will reach Financial Close in December 2020.
- The Request for Proposals for the Ontario Line – Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and Maintenance and Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel packages, will be issued in December 2020.
- The Thunder Bay Correctional Complex will reach Financial Close in 2022.
- The Request for Proposal for Grandview Children’s Treatment Centre has moved to March 2021, and Financial Close has moved to winter 2022.
- Under the newly created Rapid Procurement and Delivery Program, the Solicitor General — Segregation Capital Program procurement began in November 2020 and will close in March 2021.
Infrastructure Ontario (IO), a Crown agency overseen by the Minister of Infrastructure, is responsible for delivering projects under Ontario’s P3 model.
“IO is working with Government ministries and other broader public sector partners to help deliver vital infrastructure – smarter, better and faster than traditional methods,” said Michael Lindsay, president & CEO of Infrastructure Ontario. “IO worked with the Ministry of Long-Term Care during the past summer to successfully procure the rapid delivery of four new Long-Term Care facilities using a Modified Construction Management model. The December Update outlines IO’s current rapid procurement and delivery projects in the justice sector.”
The P3 Market Update, released quarterly, is a list of public projects in the pre-procurement and procurement stages for which Ontario has committed investments. The list helps potential local and global private-sector partners organize their time and resources to make sure Ontario gets robust, innovative and competitive bids for its P3 infrastructure projects.
To read the complete report, click here: P3 Market Update.