Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx have issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) to five prequalified teams to build and finance the Lakeshore East – Central Corridor Expansion project. The infrastructure upgrades are required to accommodate the planned expansion of GO Transit rail service on the Lakeshore East line.
The prequalified teams were selected based on criteria identified in the Request for Qualifications process that began in August 2017. Criteria included their construction capability, experience, qualified personnel and financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and scope. The teams include:
- EllisDon Infrastructure Transit (EDIT)
- SNC-Lavalin Team (SNC)
- Dragados Canada Inc. (Dragados)
- Steelhead Constructors (SHC)
- Lakeshore Rail Construction Partners (LRCP)
These teams are invited to respond to the RFP and will begin preparing proposals that detail how they will build and finance the project. Once submissions are received, IO and Metrolinx will evaluate the proposals, select a preferred proponent and then negotiate a final contract.
Scope of work for the project includes:
- Two grade separations – Scarborough Golf Club Road and Morningside Avenue;
- Track grading and drainage work from Galloway Road to Beechgrove Drive (approximately 3.4 km); and
- All supporting infrastructure, including utility relocation along the central segment of the Lakeshore East corridor.
The project is being delivered as a Build Finance (BF) contract using Infrastructure Ontario’s Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) model.
A successful proponent is expected to be announced in winter 2018.