Three teams have been shortlisted to design, build and finance the Davenport Diamond project.
Teams were selected based on their construction capability, experience, qualified personnel and financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and scope. The teams are:
Davenport Construction Partners
- Applicant Lead: Dragados Canada, Inc., Bot Infrastructure Ltd.
- Construction Team: Dragados Canada, Inc., Bot Infrastructure Ltd., Black & McDonald
- Design Team: COWI North American Ltd. (Design Lead), IBI Group Professional Services (Canada) Inc., Dissing+Weitling, Peto MacCallum Ltd., SENER SES Canada Inc.
- Financial Advisor: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., National Bank Financial Inc.
Graham Commuter Rail Solution
- Applicant Lead: Graham Capital Partners LP, Graham Construction and Engineering LP
- Construction Team: Graham Construction and Engineering LP
- Design Team: LEA Consulting Ltd. (Design Lead), exp Services Inc., International Bridge Technologies, Brown & Storey Architects Inc.
- Financial Advisor: Graham Capital Partners LP
- Applicant Lead: Dufferin Construction Company (a division of CRH Canada Group Inc.), Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc. (a subsidiary of Aecon Group Inc.)
- Construction Team: Dufferin Construction Company, Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc.
- Design Team: Mott MacDonald Canada Limited (Design Lead), DTAH, Pedelta, Golder Associates Ltd., R.J. Burnside & Associates Limited
- Financial Advisor: Bank of Nova Scotia
To accommodate the planned expansion of GO Transit rail services along the Barrie Rail Corridor, the scope of work necessary includes:
- Construction of a grade separation structure between the north/south GO Rail corridor and east/west CP Rail corridor to minimize delays to GO service;
- Implementation of a pedestrian underpass to restore east/west connection at Paton Road;
- Erection of retaining walls forming the approaches of the grade separation structure, topped with noise barrier walls and superimposed cladding to minimize impacts on the community;
- Construction of a rail guideway offset within the corridor during construction to accommodate a temporary diversion track and a temporary rail diamond;
- Modification of an existing at-grade road crossing at Wallace Avenue to become a road under rail grade separation;
- Public realm enhancements, including artwork on the structure cladding and new pedestrian and cyclist routes; and
- Provisions for future electrification implemented within upgraded rail infrastructure to accommodate future electrified GO train service.
Teams will be invited to respond to a request for proposals in early 2018.