The City of Edmonton has shortlisted three teams to participate in the next stage of the procurement process to design, build, supply light rail vehicles, and partially finance the Valley Line West LRT project, a 14-kilometre extension from downtown to Lewis Farms.
“We’re excited the Valley Line West LRT has reached this procurement milestone and that we are another step closer to building this transformational project for our city,” said Bruce Ferguson, manager of Edmonton’s LRT Expansion and Renewal Branch. “We look forward to working with each of the shortlisted teams over the next year to find a project contractor who can meet the rigorous technical and financial requirements of this project.”
The following teams have been selected to participate in the Request for Proposals (RFP) stage of the process:
Flatiron | AECON | Dragados Valley Line West JV
- ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc. (with Dragados Canada Inc.)
- AECON Concessions (with AECON Infrastructure Management Inc.)
- HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions North America (with Flatiron Constructors Canada Limited)
Urban Mobility Partners
- Eurovia Infra (with Carmacks Enterprises Ltd., I&S Mobility May Inc., and
- Rail Cantech Inc.)
- Graham Capital Partners LP (with Graham Infrastructure LP)
- Parsons Inc.
- SNC-Lavalin Capital Inc. (with SNC-Lavalin Constructions (Pacific) Inc. and SNC-Lavalin Inc.)
The teams were selected based on an evaluation of their qualifications, experience, and proposed approach to the project.
The Valley Line West procurement process began in March, when the city released the Request for Qualifications (RFQ). The city expects to announce the preferred team in 2020. Construction on the Valley Line West will begin after that, with operation anticipated to begin in 2026-27.