The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador has announced that the new 164-bed acute care hospital in Corner Brook has advanced to the next stage of the procurement process.
Following a Request for Qualifications (RFQ), which was issued on January 12, 2018, Atlantic Healthcare Partnership and Corner Brook Health Partnership will advance to the next stage of the procurement process and will shortly receive the Request for Proposals (RFP) documents.
Construction of the new 145-bed long-term care home began in November with final concrete being poured for the foundation of the building over the next few days as crews prepare for the installation of structural steel. The home will open in 2020 and help meet demand for long-term care in the region and make better use of resources at Western Memorial Regional Hospital.
“In addition to providing residents with the care and services that they deserve, government’s investment in a new hospital and long-term care centre on the west coast will provide significant employment opportunities for Newfoundlanders and Labradorians,” said Gerry Byrne, MHA for Corner Brook. “I look forward to the completion of these important projects for Corner Brook, and the entire western region of the province.”
Members of the two proponents that have qualified for the RFP are:
Atlantic Healthcare Partnership
- Sacyr Concesiones – Respondent Team Lead, Equity Provider, Service Provider
- DIF infra – Respondent Team Lead, Equity Provider
- Sacyr Construction – Design-Builder
- Allied Construction Management Inc. – Local Dedicated Subcontractor to Design-Builder
- Brook Construction (2007) – Local Dedicated Subcontractor to Design-Builder
- Zeidler Partnership Architects – Design Firm
- NORR Architects and Engineers Ltd. – Design Firm
- Fougere Menchenton Architects Inc. – Local Architecture Firm
- Crossey Engineering Ltd. – Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Firm
- Entuitive Corporation – Structural Engineering Firm
- DBA Consulting Engineers Ltd. – Local Engineering Firm
- Perennial Management Limited – Local Dedicated Subcontractor to Service Provider
Brook Healthcare Partnership
- Plenary Group (Canada) – Respondent Team Lead, Active Oversight, Asset Management
- PCL Constructors Canada Inc. – Design-Builder (PCL/Marco JointVenture)
- PCL Investments Canada Inc. – Co-Equity Provider
- PCL Construction Group Inc. – Design-Build Guarantor
- Marco Services Limited – Design-Builder
- Parkin Architects Limited/ B+H Architects – architects in joint venture – Design Firm Co-Leads
- John Hearn Architects – Local Design Firm
- Johnson Controls Canada – Service Provider
- Smith and Anderson Consulting Engineering – Mechanical and Electrical Design
- WSP Canada Inc. – Structural Design
- V. Anderson Associate Limited – Civil Design
- J. Cahill (1979) Ltd. – Mechanical Contractor
- Plan Group – Electrical Contractor
The successful proponent will be selected in spring 2019, with construction of the new hospital scheduled to begin later that year and completed in 2023. The new hospital will include the same services currently provided at Western Memorial Regional Hospital, as well as an expanded cancer care program and radiation services.