Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Niagara Health have prequalified three teams to design, build, finance and maintain the new South Niagara Hospital project.
Teams were prequalified based on criteria identified in a request for qualifications process that began in February 2021. Selection criteria included design, construction and Facilities Management capability, experience, qualified personnel and financial capacity to undertake a project of this size and scope.
The prequalified teams and their prime team members are:
EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare (EDIH)
- Applicant Lead: EllisDon Corporation
- Design Team: Parkin Architects Limited
- Construction Team: EllisDon Corporation
- Facilities Management: EllisDon Facilities Services
- Financial Advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
Niagara Care Partners
- Applicant Leads: Amico Concessions Inc, Sacyr Concesiones, S.l., and SNC-Lavalin Capital Inc.
- Design Team: IBI Group Architects (Canada) Inc.
- Construction Team: Sacyr Construccion, S.A and Amico Design Build Inc.
- Facilities Management: Sacyr Concesiones, S.L, SNS-Lavalin O&M Inc, and Amico Concessions Inc.
- Financial Advisor: MUFG Bank Ltd
Plenary PCL Niagara Health
- Applicant Leads: Plenary Americas LP and PCL Investments Inc.
- Design Team: Cannon Design Ltd.
- Construction Team: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Facilities Management: Johnson Controls Canada L.P
- Financial Advisor: Plenary Americas LP
A request for proposals (RFP) is expected to be issued to these prequalified teams later this year. Once submissions are received, IO and Niagara Health will evaluate the proposals, select a preferred team and then negotiate a final contract. The successful team is expected to be announced in late 2022. A fairness monitor will oversee the entire procurement process.
Featured image: (Infrastructure Ontario)